Six: The Guardian
|Illusion of Reality:
||Acceptance by the group
||"I relate to others."
||Make the most of the present
|Approach to Problem Solving:
||Dependent: "I relate."
|Relationship to Life:
||Way of Mediation: "I negotiate with life."
- As you get up in the morning, are you enlivened when you have a full
schedule of diverse activities for the day?
- Are you generally more at ease entertaining in the comfort of your
own surroundings, even though it means more work for you?
- Would you say that dedication to home, family, marriage, and/or community
are the basic values out of which you live your life?
- As a person who takes responsibility seriously, do you often resent
and feel overburdened by the number of people who make irresponsibility
a way of life?
- As a general rule, do you need to gather the opinions of others --
family, friends, co-workers -- before making a decision?
- Having strong opinions about life, do you mistrust and become upset
with people who attempt to justify and expand the "gray areas"?
- Do you feel more connected with people who are important to you when
you know the details of what's going on in their lives on a regular basis?
- Are you a hard-working, organized person who prefers to keep to a tight
schedule, even to the point of scheduling your vacation or relaxation time?
- Would you have more confidence in and loyalty toward an authority figure
who laid down specific rules rather than one who was flexible and able
to "go with the flow"?
Kathleen V. Hurley & Theodore E. Dobson
What's My Type?
Use the Enneagram System of Nine Personality Types to Discover Your Best
HarperSanFrancisco, 1991, 186 pages