One: The Achiever
|Illusion of Reality:
||"I create order."
||Make the present the way it should be
|Approach to Problem Solving:
||Dependent: "I relate."
|Relationship to Life:
||Way of Reduction: "I am overwhelmed by life."
- Do you continually think about ways you could have done something better
or ways you might have responded to a person or a situation more to your
- Is there a voice in your mind that criticizes everything you do and
many things other people do?
- Have you frequently had to sacrifice your desires or opportunities
because people close to you are more verbal or more aggressive about their
needs, or because they have needs that seem to take priority?
- Do you make "To Do" lists for yourself and for others?
- When you are working on a project, do interruptions break your
on the details and trigger a "slow burn" of anger?
- Do you think you try hard at everything in life and often wish you
could be more laid back or easygoing?
- Do you feel revulsion toward people who are always needy or looking
for a "free ride" in life and silently criticize them for not
taking charge of their own lives?
- When planning to make a purchase, do you ignore the person who tries
to give you a sales pitch and look for someone who will give you the
you need and let you make up your own mind?
- Do you consistently find yourself redoing tasks because others failed
to do them right the first time?
Kathleen V. Hurley & Theodore E. Dobson
What's My Type?
Use the Enneagram System of Nine Personality Types to Discover Your Best
HarperSanFrancisco, 1991, 186 pages