Excerpts from Enneagram Books
Get this book
Personality Type Four: The Artist
The Sensitive, Withdrawn Type
I now release...
- turning my anger and aggressions against myself.
- all self-hatred and self-contempt.
- all feelings of hopelessness and despair.
- all self-sabotaging thoughts and actions.
- feeling that I am inadequate and defective.
- the fear that I am unimportant and undesirable.
- feeling shameful and misunderstood by others.
- being distraught, fatigued, and inhibited.
- feeling that people always let me down.
- all unrealistic expectations of myself and others.
- all claims of needing to be treated differently.
- all self-indulgence in my emotions and behavior.
- all self-doubt and emotional vulnerability.
- wanting to protect myself by withdrawing from others.
- all wasteful fantasies and romantic longings.
- dwelling on the past to prolong my feelings.
I now affirm...
- that I am not defined by my feelings.
- that only the feelings I act on express who I am.
- that I open myself up to people and the world.
- that I use all of my experiences to grow.
- the goodness of my life, my friends, and myself.
- that I love myself and treat myself gently.
- that I am free of the damage of my past.
- that I am transforming my life into something higher.
- that I am bringing something good and beautiful into the world.
Don Richard Riso
Release and Affirmations for Healing Your Personality Types
Houghton Mifflin Company, 1993, 129 pages