Excerpts from Enneagram Books
The Pocket Enneagram
Get this book
Point Seven: The Epicure
The world is full of opportunity and options. I look forward to the
What helps Epicures
- Observe the attraction to stimulation and new experiences.
- Learn how opting for pleasure can also be a flight from pain.
- Note mental evasions: Multiple projects, new options, and visionary
plans can herald an escape from difficulty.
- See how substituting pleasant ideas for realistic action creates
and problems with completion.
- Discover how superficial ativities can replace depth experience.
- Gluttony goes hand in hand with entitlement. "I deserve the
- Face the scope of real responsibilities and commitments.
- Note the fears that arise when self-worth is challenged. Feeling either
superior or inferior to others. Wanting to stay in the superior position.
- Question the belief that opposition can be disarmed with charm.
- Notice the tendency to interpret realistic evaluation as criticism.
- Be willing to close down possibilities and commit to a single course
The Pocket Enneagram:
Understanding the 9 Types of People
Harper & Row, 1988, 90 pages